Prime is the complete and concentrated conditioner for both fresh and saltwater. Prime removes chlorine, chloramine and detoxifies ammonia. Prime converts ammonia into a safe, non-toxic form that is readily removed by the tank’s biofilter. Prime may be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/ nitrite toxicity. Prime detoxifies nitrite and nitrate, allowing the biofilter to more efficiently remove them.
- It will also detoxify any heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels. Prime is non-acidic and will not impact pH. Prime will not overactivate skimmers.
- Use at start-up and whenever adding or replacing water. When transporting or quarantining fish, use Seachem StressGuard. When adding new fish, use Stability. Both are ideal for use with Prime.
- A single 100 mL bottle will treat 1000 US gallons of tap water. Prime will remove both chloramines from municipal water supplies.
- Prime also contains a binder which renders ammonia, nitrite, and non-toxic. It is very important to understand how those two functions work together.
- The reduction process also breaks the bonds between chlorine and nitrogen atoms in the chloramine molecule, freeing the chlorine atoms and replacing them with hydrogen to create ammonia.
- Prime promotes the natural production and restoration of the slime coat rather than relying on artificial or non-native slime compounds.
- A further bonus for the reef hobbyist , Prime will not overactivate protein skimmers.
Seachem Prime is a complete and concentrated conditioner for both freshwater and saltwater fish tanks, working hard to remove chlorine and chloramine.
For over three decades, Seachem has been a company rooted in sound science. Our experience in the hobby and an educated staff of chemists and biologists are part of the package when you purchase Seachem products. Seachem remains as one of the few surviving independent and privately owned pet care companies. Seachem is owned and operated by hobbyists. All of our employees are hobbyists who maintain aquariums at home and at the office. Seachem itself was started because one such passionate hobbyist – Dr. Leo G. Morin (Founder) – recognized that the available solutions to aquarists problem wanting. This resulted in Seachem’s very first product: Cupraplex (today known as Cupramine). Over thirty years later Seachem is still approaching old problems in a new way.
Seachem’s philosophy is that the knowledgeable hobbyist makes the best customer. This is reflected in solid and reliable customer education and support as well as products proven in science and performance. While Seachem has grown rapidly into a national and international firm, it retains the culture of a small company and is readily available to its customers.